Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What to Do With My New Thread Fabric?



I went to a workshop on Saturday where we learned to make thread fabric - fabric from scraps of thread, ribbons and other little odds & ends. One is pink & lavender with bits of silver throughout. The other is green, red & gold. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them. I could make a book cover, a change purse... lots of small things. I definitely plan to add some embellishments (beads, heavier threads, shiny things...) Leave a comment and let me know what you'd like to see them become! (I also need to figure out how to photograph them better - this was just a first pass).

1 comment:

Jessica Madsen said...

Wow! How did you do that?! Are they felted with wool?

They might make cute flowers to put on hair clips or to use as accents on some of your bags.

:)
Jessica